Tread Lightly! Cleanups by Quadratec Stewardship Grant Program
Tread Lightly! recognizes that one of the best ways to promote responsible outdoor recreation is to support enthusiasts in the stewardship of their favorite areas. With the help of licensing agreements from some of Tread Lightly!’s top partners, the Tread Lightly! grants are designed to help individuals and groups organize clean-ups, trail maintenance work days and other small stewardship projects. The average grant is under $500. Those funds can be used for everything from feeding volunteers to purchasing equipment, trash bags, and tools.
Who is eligible?
You must be a Tread Lightly! dues paying member to apply.
How much grant money can an applicant receive?
The average grant given is under $500.00.
All grant recipients awarded amounts above $600 will be issued a 1099 for tax purposes, and may affect tax filing.
What costs are eligible?
Stewardship can take on many forms. With that in mind, we have a fairly broad scope as to what are acceptable expenses. The list below are items that we will gladly cover as part of the grant. If you have a unique cost, or something that is not listed below, please contact us directly by emailing Evan@treadlightly.org.
- Tools necessary for projects
- Trash bags and/or dumpster rental
- Water or other non-alcoholic beverages for volunteers
- Food for volunteers
- Fuel used at project location
- Signage materials
- Trail building and restoration materials
- Facility rental
Tread Lightly! will not reimburse for the following:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Travel expenses
- Labor or associated costs
- Event insurance
- Membership or fees for other organizations
When are grant applications due?
Grant applications and supporting material are due by 5:00 PM Mountain time on the date noted as the deadline for that cycle. We have the following deadlines: March 30, June 30, September 30, December 31.
What do I need for my application?
Applicants must submit:
- An online grant application
- Letter of permission and support from the land manager/owner
- Photos of trail and/or area
Where should I send supplemental documentation for this grant?
Your letter of support and additional documentation should be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to 353 E. 400 S. Suite 100, SLC, UT 84111.
When should my project or event be completed?
Projects can start anytime after the grant has been awarded and must be completed and final reports submitted within 6 months of the award notification.
If I am awarded a grant,
when should I expect funding to be released?
Tread Lightly! will provide 50% of the grant award up front. The final payment will be issued upon receipt of a complete project report and other requested documentation.
Reporting Criteria (After the Project is Completed)
- Post-Project Description
- List of all volunteers including contact information.
- List of media efforts including: outlets (publications, website and/or broadcast stations), estimated number of impressions, date of coverage, copies of print or web based coverage.
- Digital pictures of event with release for Tread Lightly!’s use. Video coverage is not required but can be used.
- Financial documentation including copies of all receipts.
View Stewardship Grant Awards in a larger map