What? A free showcase event with a TL! twist. We all love a Drive In Movie, and we thought how about a “RIDE ON” Movie! and that’s when the TREAD Trailers Ride On Film Fest began revving up. It’s a chance for us to connect with all our members, partners, agencies and offroad enthusiasts just like you.
What will happen at the event?
Where? Historic Star Hall, Moab.
When? April 5th 2023 during Easter Jeep Safari.
The Mojave: Preserving the Unknown
By: onX Offroad
A look at preserving access to public lands through the lens of the history of navigation and off-roading in The Mojave Desert; and why these diminishing wild places are a critical link to the most intrinsic aspects of humanity—our drive for exploration.
There are lot’s of ways to get involved.
Submit a TREAD TRAILERS film : Are you an aspiring filmmaker, youtuber or even just like to take selfies out on the trail? This is your opportunity to see yourself on the big screen! But before you pack up your cameras, jump in your vehicle and get out on the trail, there are some rules!
How to submit?
The TREAD TRAILER Film Fest produced by Tread Lightly! is an educational event to support the Tread Lightly! mission as found here.
*By entering you you agree as the filmmaker to be fully responsible for all cast and crew safety and production compliance of all rules and regulations of any locations you use. All licensing for materials is also the team captain’s responsibility. Tread Lightly! is not responsible or liable for any element of your production/film. Please be sure to submit the waiver. These terms are in effect with or without the submitted waiver.*
Full terms and conditions are detailed here. All terms
(1) Filmmaker agrees on behalf of him/herself and Team to abide by safety regulations in producing the film.
(2) Filmmaker hereby understands that he/she is responsible for all crew, cast, equipment, sets, locations, and other items necessary for participating in the fest, and all costs, expenses, damages and claims related thereto. TL! is providing the event and guidelines in which the Filmmaker is taking part; a screening opportunity for all qualifying films/videos; and a prize for the fest winner.
(3)Filmmaker is responsible for securing agreement of all cast and crew and communication of this document to all cast and crew. This document identifies
Filmmaker as full point of contact should any matters arise. Additional documents and waivers may be completed for individual cast and crew members should the Filmmaker see fit.
(4) Filmmaker hereby affirms that he/she will secure all rights (including without limitation copyrights) in and to all material included in the Film, including without limitation any and all images, photographs, performances, appearance(s) by any person(s), sounds, soundtrack and music (including without limitation compositions, recordings and performances). In no manner limiting the foregoing, Filmmaker will obtain a signed Talent
Release from all persons appearing in the Film, a signed Liability Waiver from all cast and crew, a signed Music Release from all persons or entities providing music, and a signed Location Release for all locations used in the Film. Filmmaker represents and warrants that he/she (a) is free to enter into this Agreement, (b) that, except with regard to TL!’s rights as set forth herein, Filmmaker is the sole copyright holder in and to the Film; and (c) the Film does not to the best of Filmmaker’s knowledge (including what Filmmaker should know or have known in the exercise of reasonable prudence) violate the copyright of any person or entity, or defame or infringe upon any rights of any kind of, including the right of privacy, of any person or entity.
(5)Filmmaker hereby agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless TL!, its owners, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, licensees, partners and assigns (collectively “Indemnified Parties”) from any and all claims, costs, damages, expenses and liabilities including without limitation attorneys’ fees (collectively “Claims”) arising from the creation, production, use, exhibition, promotion, marketing, merchandising, or other exploitation of the Film by the Indemnified Parties and/or any of them, Team and/or any member thereof (including without limitation Claims for negligence and other torts, unauthorized use of likeness, invasion of right of privacy, publicity or personality, defamation, fraud, infringement of copyright and/or trademark, and breach of contract), and for any breach by Filmmaker of any representation, warranty or obligation of Filmmaker hereunder.
(6) Filmmaker will retain the ownership of submitted film.
(7) Filmmaker shall have the following rights: (i) to enter the Film in film festivals & competitions; (ii) to screen the Film at local film events; (iii) to stream the Film or any portion thereof for free on Filmmaker’s personal website or for free on any third party website for Internet viewing, provided that the Film or portion thereof as so streamed contains an initial full screen title card with TL! Logo (iv) to distribute the film for free via DVD; (v) to use the Film on a professional reel to promote Filmmaker, Team or any Team member.
(8) TL! shall have the right to use submitted film to promote Tread Lightly! in any form of broadcast.
(9) Filmmaker hereby acknowledges that participation in the TREAD TRAILER Fest is without remuneration or monetary compensation whatsoever. The consideration for participating in the fest is the screening of participant’s completed film/video at the provided screening festival; and the possibility, although not the obligation by TL!, for future screenings and distribution; and the opportunity for publicity or exposure for being a participant.
(10) TL! will not be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages, without limitation, damages arising under any Claim or cause of action, including contract, warranty, strict liability or tort, whether or not TL! has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Furthermore, it is understood that TL!’s total liability for any Claims and/or causes of action shall not exceed, and is limited to, the total amount paid to TL! in entry fees by Filmmaker under this agreement. These limitations shall apply notwithstanding the failure of the essential purpose of any limited remedy.
(11) This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of Utah, without any reference to its conflicts of laws provisions.