07 Jun Director of Marketing and Communications
PLEASE NOTE: Tread Lightly! is no longer accepting applications for this position. Thank you for your interest.
If interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com by June 21. This position is full-time, salaried, and remote.
Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for the creative strategies and tactical executions of the communication and marketing activities of Tread Lightly! (TL!)
The components of the role include the following:
Supervises the work of internal and contract designers, writers, and content creators. Evaluates and ensures the quality of creative content and messaging. Supervises the creation pitch decks to support funding. Development of Tread Lightly! branding, specifically awareness and engagement. Relationship building with current and potential partners through multiple avenues. Working closely with all team members to maintain an effective vision and tactical delivery. Frequently meet with Executive Director and Assistant Director to focus on developing the TL! branding and mission. Communication with partners to assure the progress and completion of deliverables, as well as the achievement objectives of the partner.
Director of Marketing and Communications Responsibilities
- Marketing and Communications
- Direct and manage the implementation of the organizational vision as established in Tread Lightly!’s strategic plan through effective marketing and communication strategies both internally and externally.
- Ensure all marketing and communications carrying the Tread Lightly! branding meets company standards.
- Develop and demonstrate consistent, quality processes (training, communications, reporting and systems); utilize organizational resources needed to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Manager and Communications Manager on all new and ongoing communication and marketing projects.
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Director and the various Team Members to integrate cross program activities and functions.
- Position reports to Tread Lightly!’s Executive Director.
- Position’s direct reports include the Communications Manager and Marketing Manager.
- Partnership Development
- Assist in meeting funding goals through being actively involved in the securing of new industry partners (public and private) through research and collaboration with the Executive Director and other Team Members.
- Support the management of relationships with individual members, volunteers, partner organizations and program funders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct audience/consumer research, competitive analysis to identify opportunities in the market that can be further explored and acted on.
- Strategize and collaborate with the Program Managers and Membership Manager to develop strategies and tactics for existing products and services while coming up with new marketing ideas based on the research and feedback.
- Nurture relationships with members and partners by directing the development and execution of a sound digital marketing strategy based on market research and experience.
- Oversee and support expansion of the social media efforts on various social networks, including Instagram, Facebook, Tik-Tok and LinkedIn. Ensure voice and imagery are appropriate for audience.
- Expand partnership with social media influencers to increase the organization’s reach.
- Collaborate with internal team and partners to ensure an integrated marketing strategy that works smoothly on all levels.
- Oversee and support expansion of the media and partner communications distribution database.
- Oversee and support continued improvements to the organization’s website including SEO and SEM.
- Track the performance of marketing strategies implemented and come up with timely modifications to nurture success. (i.e. Google Grant, Google Paid Media/Search and other print/digital placements)
- Plan and support event/outreach presence and other campaigns to strengthen awareness and engagement. (i.e. retargeting opportunities)
- Develop and manage a budget conscious annual marketing strategies, leveraging organic and in kind.
- Keep track of the performing and non-performing aspects of the marketing strategy at all levels of the organization.
- Participate in annual reviews for the direct report positions.
- Perform other vital duties as assigned.
- Personal passion for outdoor recreation, especially motorized recreation.
- Strong leadership skills coupled with the composure required to thrive under pressure.
- A successful track record in senior marketing roles and experience in the recreation/offroad industry is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or relevant work experience.
- 10+ years’ experience in marketing-related brand or program management field.
- A healthy level of diplomacy and discretion while dealing with customers and stakeholders at all levels.
- Sales and/or fundraising, volunteer management and federal/state grant writing and management experience preferred.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to create a message and layout strategies that the marketing team can easily understand.
- Always willing to learn and grow as a leader and professional.
- Strong motivational skills to drive the team for self-motivation in challenging times.
- Familiarity with essential digital marketing tools and technologies.
- Experience with print marketing and social media marketing will be preferred.
- An eye for innovation and the willingness to take the initiative when everybody else is hesitant to step up.
- Exceptional personal organization, professionalism, and communication skills.
- Ability to establish priorities and organizing work and work independently with general instructions.
- Experience in nonprofit marketing, development and operations a plus.
- Able to travel as required by the mission objectives.
- Flexibility to deal with an unpredictable and constantly evolving program.
- Professional experience with program budgeting and expense tracking.
- Strong negotiation and risk management skills.
- Have a team spirit to work with and support other members of the team.
- Ability to work with all variety of personalities.
- Good attitude.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. QuickBooks, Adobe, Smartsheets, preferred.
- This position can be completed remotely, but may require in-person presence and travel as requested and required for the role. This may be up to 20% of the role.
It is the duty of the employee to become familiar and integrate the values set by this organization which is the foundation to promote responsible recreation through ethics education and stewardship programs. Employees shall avoid any conflict between their own respective individual interests and the interest of TL! (financial, privileged information, intellectual property, etc.). Employees shall submit in writing any possible conflict of interest so that disclosure may, if necessary, be made. TL! encourages research, innovation, development, etc. to advance the mission of TL!. All intellectual property
(research, data, lectures, slides, videos, communications, books, articles, programs, software, tools, etc.) developed for the use of TL! or where TL! funding was used, is owned by TL! and not the employee. All items purchased by TL! or funds that are allocated to TL! in order to support the employee and the mission of TL! is owned by TL! and not the employee.