27 Jun TREAD LIGHTLY! SEEKING ARIZONA PROGRAM MANAGER
We are looking for a new Program Manager in Arizona. This position will be Arizona based.
If interested in applying, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The focus of this position is creating and fostering relationships with the land use managers that allows for the implementation of Tread Lightly!’s (TL!) stewardship, signature education and outreach programs. The Program Manager is responsible for the execution of TL!’s public awareness campaigns at the state and federal levels by delivering these campaigns using strategies, priorities, and objectives outlined by TL!’s mission. This position will include a mix of office and field assignments.
The Program Manager will work with agency and enthusiast partners to strengthen TL!’s presence in the motorized recreation community acting as the Point of Contact between local contacts and the TL! team. The Program Manager is responsible to build support, cooperation and collaboration among partners including state parks, county land managers, federal land managers, private industry partners, recreational enthusiasts and volunteer organizations to address issues specific to motorized recreation. The Program Manager will participate in the grant process by working with the Grants and Agreements Manager, Assistant Director and Executive Director to identify available grants (public and private) and working collaboratively with TL! team members to support the grant application process including project budgets and narratives. The Program Manager will also contribute to any and all reporting required from grants whose funds support the work in their assigned region. The Program Manager will coordinate and facilitate meetings between the TL!’s Executive Director (ED) and industry partners when corporate partnership opportunities present themselves.
Program components could include the following:
- Support the Grants and Agreements Manager in researching opportunities for funding from government agencies, land management groups, private industry, individual(s), other non-profits, etc.
- Support the Grants and Agreements Manager and Assistant Director with the development of grant / agreement budgets and project narratives.
- Utilize project management sheets in Smartsheets to track grant and agreement deliverables.
- Work with the Assistant Director and Grants and Agreements Manager to develop the Project Management Sheet for each grant and agreement.
- Education and Outreach:
- Develop and execute education and outreach opportunities to promote responsible behaviors to individuals that enjoy motorized recreational activities.
- Manage short and long-term projects that inspire, educate and promote ethical outdoor, motorized recreation.
- Find and attend outreach events as needed.
- Promote the message of responsible recreation at events such as trail rides, fairs, expos, etc.
- Coordinate the sharing of educational resources to organizational partners and supporters, such as use of event displays, education trunk, etc.
- Foster Tread Lightly! relationships with individual members, volunteers and partner organizations.
- Maintain outreach tools including education trunk, displays and banners.
- Seek out and identify events and announcements to add to the Tread Lightly! events and Official Outdoor Ethics Sponsorship pages and support the communication of these events through the website and social media.
- Act as point-of-contact to local and state recreation groups, clubs, associations, etc.
- Identify local and state print publications suitable for consideration of Tread Lightly! messaging.
- Place posters, kiosks, tips, educational material, etc. in various locations (sales and rental outfitters, visitors’ centers, welcome centers, etc.).
- Identify opportunities for positive PR communication and use internal resources to execute opportunities.
- Identify areas of interest and potential projects that are important to agency officials and users to implement a culture of shared stewardship.
- Document of on-the-ground work via photos and images for the promotion and reporting of TL!.
- In cooperation with program partners, identify areas that are high-priority for their recreation values.
- Support the identification of private sector funding opportunities for on-the-ground projects and refer them to the Executive Director.
- Make sure that invoices are created and sent to agency partners. Continue tracking of invoices until payment is received.
Program Manager Skill Requirements:
- Personal passion for outdoor recreation, especially motorized recreation
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline required or relevant work experience
- 4+ years experience in marketing-related program management field
- 4+ years experience in customer service-related program field
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong oral, written, interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to establish priorities and organize work
- Work collaboratively and positively with all team members at Tread Lightly!
- Work independently with general instructions as well as supervising project volunteers.
- Able to travel as required by the mission objectives
- Flexibility to deal with an unpredictable and constantly evolving program
- Program budgeting and expense/time tracking
- High levels of personal motivation and professionalism
- Engaging public speaking and verbal communication skills